Hey, how come some comments have images next to their posts?
The post images are made possible through a program available at gravatar.com
Here is a brief outline about what to expect if you chose to enroll:
- Use the link to access the site.
- There is an optional introduction video available.
- Click the ‘Get your Gravatar Today’ button.
- Register using a legitimate email address. Your usual address or an alternate used specifically for this purpose.
- The program will send a confirmation email to you immediately. (so, make sure you have access to that email account)
- When received, confirm your intention and you will be redirected to the site.
- The site will then guide you to uploading an image, a photo, your logo, whatever you choose from your computer. Use the browse button to find your preferred image. Then click upload.
- You’ll have an opportunity to edit the image and save it.
- Additional profile information is optional, for privacy reasons, do not share anything with gravatar that you aren’t comfortable with.
- The image is now associated with your email address.
- You can always go back to gravatar.com to change, switch or add images.
Now, when you comment on Fox in Focus, or any other gravatar supported news site – using the email address you’ve registered – your chosen image will automatically appear.
Posted in: Getting to know the site features