September 26, 2016
- The Town of Fox Creek has a new Comprehensive Community Plan.
- Council approved the new water rates that will amend the Fees and Charges Bylaw.
Council directed Administration to proceed with incorporating this rate structure into the Fees and Charges Bylaw – 759-2015.
Single Family Residential User Fee
- Water $15.50
- Sewage $7.50 0-50
- M3 $1.22 51-100
- M3 $1.65 101+ M3 $2.25
- Non Meter Rate $200.00
- Wastewater Treatment Charge $0.69 M3
Multi-Family Residential/Commercial User Fee
- Water $41.50
- Sewage $27.00 0-500
- M3 $1.95 501-1000
- M3 $2.30 1001+ M3 $6.60
- Wastewater Treatment Charge $0.69 M3.
- The Town of Fox Creek successfully submitted the Municipal Sustainability Initiative (MSI) – 2015 Conditional Funding Statement of Funding and Expenditures (SFE). The Town does not have a funding carry forward at the end of 2015.
- Town Council has been addressing water problems and are confident with what the outcome will be.
- The Town of Fox Creek has donated $10,000.00 to support STARS.
September 12, 2016
- Andrew Bjorn from 02 Planning and Design presented Council with a presentation on the Comprehensive Community Plan.
- Council approved Business Bylaw 780-2016.
- Council gave 2nd reading to the Land Use Bylaw, Downtown Area Redevelopment Plan, and the Subdivision and Appeal Board Bylaw. These Bylaws will be going forward for third and final reading at the regular meeting of Council September 26, 2016, at which time the Town of Fox Creek will have a 25 year Community Comprehensive Plan.
- The Town of Fox Creek is currently looking for volunteers to act as Medical Transport Drivers. Interested residents can contact Wendy Larsen at the CRC for more information.
- Atco Electric Franchise Fee’s for Gas Rider Rates will remain unchanged at 5.5% for 2017.
- Atco Gas Franchise Fee’s for Gas Rider Rates will remain unchanged at 12.93% for 2017.
- Council has approved that the Town will be holding a by-election to replace two council members that have resigned in the recent months.
- Council will support the resolution that will be made at the AUMA meeting in Edmonton that gives support of the Northern Gateway Pipeline Project.
Fox Creek Fire Department
October 11th , 2016
By Fire Chief Les Paul
August Staff Report
- Call Volume: Current call volume is at 80+ for the year.
- Manpower: Still full up at this time. Four new recruits Kole Petch, Scott Rawson, Samantha Burridge and Jamie Jones. All local young people.
- Meetings: I attended AFCA meeting and PRFC meeting. Zone 2 chiefs meeting. Rope rescue in Mayerthorpe.
- Training: We have been able to use the fire hydrants for fire practice, which has been great.
- Medical First Responder Program: Safety Codes Council is removing some of the abilities of Level A fire codes officers like myself. This will make it costlier and harder to get some stuff done in town.
- New Equipment: New MD truck in service. Working on the new tank trucks for MD.
- Events: The Firemen’s ball on October 15th. Tickets are still available.
- Building Maintenance: Nothing in August
- Budget: Preparing for budget
Community Peace Officer Bylaw Update (Sept.)
- Commercial Vehicles – 10 dangerous goods violations
Municipal Bylaw fines issued – 2 charges
- 2 Clean-up Orders issued in residential area
Provincial Fines Issued – 18
- Traffic Safety Violation Tickets – 2 no insurance charges for operating MV.
Fox Creek RCMP Quarterly ReportPrint This Post