This years organizers were very pleased with the results from the Resource Bonspiel, the second annual event organized by Jace Moon and Chace Lamb from Rival Trucking.
It was a great success and an awesome weekend, said Jace Moon.
There were 18 teams, including out of town curlers from Calgary, Whitecourt, High Prairie, Grande Prairie and Edson, that enjoyed a weekend of curling Jan. 15-17th at the Fox Creek Curling Club.
The Toonie Toss winners for a Texas Mickey were both Encanas team and the Draw to the Button winner was Mike Davidson. 48 people participated in the draw for the button contest; prizes were Oilers tickets and a $200 gift card.
Jace and his wife Robin were given a round of applause for their time organizing the successful event. Next years event will continue to be the third weekend in January.
The curling club is maintained and run by volunteers. Their goals are to raise funds for a new roof for the curling rink and a commercial kitchen.
The results from the 2016 Resource Bonspiel were:
A Event Winners, sponsored by Marnevic Construction Ltd.:
- 1st place: Marnevic Construction Ltd from Fox Creek
- Troy DeCiccios team won 6-2 in six ends versus the Max Fuels team from Whitecourt.
- 2nd place: Max Fuels Team from Whitecourt
- 3rd place: Wizard Valve team from Edson
- 4th place: Rival Bunz Boys/Chace Lamb’s team from Fox Creek
B Event Winners, sponsored by 3 Boys:
- 1st place: Jackie Sandnes team from Whitecourt
- The final score was 7-1 for Sandnes’ team vs the High Prairie team.
- 2nd place: 3 Studs and 1 Dud team from High Prairie
- 3rd place: Rival Rusty Nails/Jace Moon’s team from Fox Creek
- 4th place: Encana #2 Team from Calgary *Encana also donated their winnings back to the curling club.
C Event winners, sponsored by Secure Energy:
- 1st place: SLI Logistics Team/Ian Young from Fox Creek
- The final win came down to the last rock, a draw to the button by the skip on SLI’s team to break the 6-6 tie, to win 7-6 in eight ends.
- 2nd place: Captain Doug’s team/Doug Haynes team from Fox Creek
- 3rd place: Trident team from Fox Creek
- 4th place: ProFoxx team from Fox Creek
D Event Winners, sponsored by Rival Trucking:
- 1st place: Oko’s Angels team from Fox Creek
- Brett Oko’s team won 7-1 in four ends vs the Encana #1 team.
- 2nd place: Encana #1 team from Calgary
- 3rd place: Kodiak Oilfield team/Mike Davidson from Fox Creek
- 4th place: Univar team/Ashley Phelan from Edmonton and friends from Fox Creek