We have a new word press analyzer on the website, it tells us how many views each story receives, how many people view your ad, the amount of readers per day, month and year.
Yes, it’s pretty cool!
“We are proud to share our statistics from 2013.” ~ Brandi
Total Views in 2013: 157, 429, averaging 437 readers per day.
* Interesting to note – 2012 Total Views: 105, 496 and we averaged 352 readers per day.
To date, your community online newspaper has published a total of: 1, 112 posts, on 45 pages and 730 comments.
Average per Month
Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May June
12,531 9,501 14,490 12,860 20,334 12,240
July Aug. Sept. Oct. Nov. Dec. Total
9,979 15,082 9,332 16,527 14,342 10,211 157,429
Average per Day
Jan. Feb. Mar. Apr. May June
404 339 467 429 656 408
July Aug. Sept Oct. Nov. Dec. Overall
322 487 311 533 478 329 431
Top 10 Views for 2013
- Home (front) page : 48,147
- Classifieds (Show Ads) : 4, 411
- Missing Elderly Couple – Valleyview ** Update – Found SAFE : 4,167
- Browse Categories : 3,136
- Town of Fox Creek – Forensic Investigation Update: 2,459
- Community Calendar: 1,888
- Town of Fox Creek – Forensic Investigation : 1,798
- Fox Creek’s New Town Councillors: 1,222
- Celebration of Life – Robert (Bob) Marple: 1,111
- Blaze Destroys a Newly Renovated Home: 1,030
Fox in Focus Facebook Page: 739 likes, an average weekly reach of 947.
The Top 5 Best loved Facebook Stories Shared in 2013:
Milestones in 2013 include a new $500 annual Fox in Focus bursary for any post secondary student pursuing journalism or photography (Congratulations, once again, to first year recipient: Megan Abramyk).
We also sponsor a sign at the curling rink, are proud members of the Chamber of Commerce (Did you see our sign on the highway?) and support many non-profit groups by donating gift certificates, our volunteered time and support.
We hosted two photography contests and provided prizes to the winners. We were proud to be a part of the Canada Day parade, the Big Valley Jamboree and worked closely with the radio station XM 105.3 in Whitecourt (Did you hear our Fox in Focus minute, when we share upcoming community events?). Checkout the LISTEN LIVE button on the left hand side of the website!
Just Because: We would like to extend a very Special Thank-YOU to each and everyone for clicking, sharing, reading, supporting, and sharing your lives, your words, your smiles and yes, your positive criticism too!
In no particular order, Fox in Focus would like to extend their out-most appreciation to our last year contributors:
- Sergeant Jeff McBeth
- Melissa Scobey
- Crystal MacPhee
- Allan Lariviere
- Leanne Armson
- Mylene English
- Kerrianne Pasula
- Cory Marinus
- Leslie-Ann Sharkey
- The CHAMP Team
- Dana Tartal
- Ronald Pangan
- Colleen Slocum
- Brett Lamb
- MLA Everrett MacDonald
- Clifford Mertick
- Brad Peavoy
- Fox Creek Fire Department
- Jennifer Hillier
Of course we would not be in a business, one that we love so much, and will soon celebrate 3 years in March, without our Amazing Advertising Supporters:
- Business Directory: Fox Creek Excavating, Marnevic Construction Ltd., OK Tire/Cory’s Engine Repair, Royal LePAGE, Freson Bros., SECURE Energy Services, Tervita and MRC/Midfield. (There is always room for more, ask us how you can showcase your business and help support a small local business in a BIG way by contacting us at email@example.com or 780-622-7000.)
- Special Feature sponsors (which enable the FREE Community Calendar, the FREE Just Because Random Acts of Kindness feature, the FREE Inspirational/Showcase on Following & Building your Dreams, Fox in Focus Minute on XM 105.3): Marnevic Construction Ltd., OK Tire/Cory’s Engine Repair, Re/MAX and Get Safe Training.
- Our Dedicated Display Advertisers: Rosenau Transport, Get Safe, Royal LePage, EXiT Reality, and the Town of Fox Creek, plus the long list of classified supporters (too many to mention).
We are looking forward to a fabulous 2014!
Telling your Stories * Promoting your Events* Celebrating your Achievements!
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
Print This Post