Resident Bob Bennett submitted the following photos and short write up from the August long weekend at the surrounding lakes.
- Iosegun Lake, 11 kms northwest of Fox Creek, on August long weekend.
- Fishing at the docks.
- Campers were far away as Ontario and all across Alberta.
- Iosegun Lake camp stalls were booked for the long weekend.
- Restrooms and plenty of firewood for the campers, necessities for camping.
- A picnic lunch by the water, lazy dog days of summer.
- Boats of all sizes hit the waters.
- Kids enjoyed the sandy beach area.
- A relaxing Sunday afternoon.
- Summertime sunsets in the area are breathtaking, photo taken at Iosegun Lake.
- All photos submitted by Bob Bennett.
Smoke Lake was very quiet due to bear sightings. There was still some campers, boaters and fisherman enjoying the weekend.
Iosegun Lake had a full campground and a family reunion at the day camp. The visitors were from as far away as Ontario to Smithers, British Columbia and all over Alberta.
They were enjoying the nice weather and the fishing, boating, swimming and picnics. A good time was had by all, thanks to the park attendants for firewood, clean restrooms and local services.
6 people like this post.
Print This Post
Category: Columns, Letters, Opinion
Submitted stories are highly valued in FOCUS. Without them, something about everything wouldn't be possible.
Please thank a contributor today!
All readers are invited to commit an act of community journalism. Submit your work by email.